Raptors and Swifts

  • David B
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2013
      10/06/13

      Hi,

      On Sunday while hunting in the Etsel Ridge area of the Mendocino National Forest Road M1 I saw a beautiful adult MERLIN (Taiga) very close views.

      On top of the ridge at about 9:00 AM 6 WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS flew by low to the ridge moving quickly South.

      Later in the Round Valley Grasslands 2 FERRUGINOUS HAWKS were seen hunting in the agricultural fields one being harassed by a COMMON RAVEN which was noticably smaller then the FEHA.

      Mammals of interest: 1 California Black Bear and 1 FISHER.

      Dave Barry
      Santa Rosa