Red Crossbill

  • birdmanofthewoods4
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2013

      It drives me crazy that everyone but me gets red cross-bill's on their feeders but me. At first I thought it was a purple finch in molt until I saw the bill. Definitely in molt and a moth-eaten looking solitary red crossbill. A first backyard bird here in Littleriver. Otherwise, the Fall flocks are forming here with Townsend's warblers, fox sparrows and increasing dark-eyed juncos.