Re: [Mendobirds] Negative Rpt: Blue-footed Booby

  • Diane Hichwa
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2013
      Nothing here at Sea Ranch either.
      Diane Hichwa

      Email:  dhichwa@...

      Telephone:  707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
                  707-483-3130 (cell)
      More Tail Wagging!!!    Less Barking!!
      Millie 2007

      From: Karen Havlena <jkhavlena@...>
      Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 21:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
      To: "mendobirds@yahoogroups.com" <mendobirds@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Mendobirds] Negative Rpt: Blue-footed Booby

      Fri, 20 Sep, 2013 --  Early this morning, after Jim went down to to Seaside Bch, I noticed many Am Pelicans diving head-long into the water off Seaside Beach.  I grabbed my scope, and headed out. Besides the local area, I checked: Abalobadiah Creek ( bluffs above the creek mouth) and various turnouts between Abalobidiah and Newport.  I also checked, the large rocks opposite Wesport STP, Wesport-Union SP and Hardy Creek.  I checked these areas fully on two round trips, especially in the late morning.  This was a very, disappointing experience for me, as the numbers of pelicans moving north were encouraging.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca

    • Ron LeValley