Marbled Murrelets 9/13

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      Fri, 13 Sep 2013 -- Above, and just north of Chadbourne Gulch, there were two MARBLED MURRELETS in the calm waters.  I have not seen Marbled Murrelets since the 2008 summer fires.  They have not returned to the cove near Hardy Rock.  Along the creek in the gulch, there were a few Yellow, Wilson's and Orange-crowned Warblers, but not much else.

      Chadbourne Gulch is along Hwy 1 at mm 75.47, and Hardy Rock is at mm 83.30, also Hwy 1.  The village of Westport is inbetween thses two points.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca