Forster's Tern & Indigo Bunting - Coastal MEN

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      Fri, 13 Sep 2013 -- I found a basic-plumaged FORSTER'S TERN at Caspar Pond this afternoon.  Both Becky Bowen and Toby Tobkin saw it.  Becky got some photos.

      Earlier this morning, I found an imm. male INDIGO BUNTING at Juan Creek, and a (prob/likely) Dusky Flycatcher in the same location - (Still need to do some study on the "Dusky").  The Indigo Bunting called exactly like the Cornell app i have on my iPhone.  y)Also seen/heard:  No Pygmy Owl & BHGR (Hardy).

      Both locations are adjacent to Hwy 1 in MEN County.  Juan Creek is about mm 83.00, and Caspar Pond is about 4 miles south of Fort Bragg.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca