American Avocets (LAKE)

  • Darlene Hecomovich
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      At the Kelsey Creek Outlet in Clear Lake State Park yesterday morning at 10 am, I had 10 or 12 Avocets come in circle around close to shore, go out of sight and back again a couple of times. They were flying low and it appeared they were going to touch down but could not quite convince themselves to do so and ended up taking off close to land heading north and around the corner. About 20 minutes later a lone Avocet came in and did much the same thing. I also had a Semi-palmated Plover and a half dozen Least Sandpipers. Had a good selection of other birds but nothing unusual.

      Darlene Hecomovich
      Cobb