Lark Sparrow & MacGillivray's at Glass Beach 9/10

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2013
      Tue, 10 Sep 2013 -- The wind has been blowing from the S/SW all day with a high, overcast sky.  What an abrupt change.  While doing my SOS survey at Glass Beach, Fort Bragg, I pished to see an imm. female MacGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER and an imm. YELLOW WARBLER at the west edge of the big willow patch just above the beach.  I noticed some House Finches sitting in the small, bare tree there.  With them was a first fall/winter LARK SPARROW.

      Glass Beach is the southmost section of MacKerricher SP at the west end of Elm Street in Fort Bragg.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca