Black-throated Sparrow at Little River Airport

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2013
      Sat Sept 7, 2013--I've had a dry spell at the Little River Airport for sometime but that changed today. While birding there this morning I came upon a juv. BLACK-THROATED SPARROW. I was even able to record it's tinkling call notes. I don't know how chasable it is due to the large area at the airport. If anyone does wants to chase it,
      email and I will provide details.

      I have never hesitated to post birds seen at the airport before but after the Barrow's Goldeneye closed the Willet's Waste Treatment Plant to birders I ask you to remember that it is a county working airport with rules and regulations.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River