Ukiah WWTP

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2013
      Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 am

      The shorebirds are moving in at the WWTP. There are scores of peeps, a Pectoral Sandpiper, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs and Long-billed Dowitcher this am. Steve Stump
    • stevestump
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2014
        2/11/14 1055

        There are 5 Pintail and 3 Canvasback at the Ukiah WWTP. Steve Stump

      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2014

          This afternoon the Forster's Tern continued to the end of the working day. I was able to get photo's as the bird was on the road and it ends up that it was banded. Photo's attached

          Also, the Baird's Sandpipers (2) continued with a Sanderling and 10 Red-necked Phalarope. And lastly there was a Green-winged Teal. Steve Stump

          Forster's Tern banded

          Forster's Tern Banded (2)

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 25

            1/25/15 0700

            This morning there are lot's of geese. Canada, Cackling and one Snow Goose. Also there were three Tundra Swan that I spooked into flight. It looked liked they were circling back around but I am not sure. Really foggy over the ponds this am.

             The Chipping Sparrows are out every morning around 7 am, they are roosting in the redwood trees in front of the office. Steve Stump

          • stevestump
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7

              4/7/15 1100

              This morning at the Ukiah WWTP a flock of 55 Greater/Lesser Scaup flew into the ponds. Along with them is a male Canvasback. Also there are 4 Horned Grebe molting into breeding plumage.Early this morning there were 16 Greater Yellowlegs (several still here). Steve Stump