Ukiah WWTP

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 20 7:33 AM
      Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 am

      The shorebirds are moving in at the WWTP. There are scores of peeps, a Pectoral Sandpiper, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs and Long-billed Dowitcher this am. Steve Stump
    • stevestump
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 11, 2014
        2/11/14 1055

        There are 5 Pintail and 3 Canvasback at the Ukiah WWTP. Steve Stump

      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 20 4:41 PM

          This afternoon the Forster's Tern continued to the end of the working day. I was able to get photo's as the bird was on the road and it ends up that it was banded. Photo's attached

          Also, the Baird's Sandpipers (2) continued with a Sanderling and 10 Red-necked Phalarope. And lastly there was a Green-winged Teal. Steve Stump

          Forster's Tern banded

          Forster's Tern Banded (2)

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 25

            1/25/15 0700

            This morning there are lot's of geese. Canada, Cackling and one Snow Goose. Also there were three Tundra Swan that I spooked into flight. It looked liked they were circling back around but I am not sure. Really foggy over the ponds this am.

             The Chipping Sparrows are out every morning around 7 am, they are roosting in the redwood trees in front of the office. Steve Stump

          • stevestump
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7

              4/7/15 1100

              This morning at the Ukiah WWTP a flock of 55 Greater/Lesser Scaup flew into the ponds. Along with them is a male Canvasback. Also there are 4 Horned Grebe molting into breeding plumage.Early this morning there were 16 Greater Yellowlegs (several still here). Steve Stump

            • stevestump
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4

                7/4/15 1350

                There is a Lesser Yellowlegs at the Ukiah WWTP along with 6 Greater Yellowlegs.

                Other shorebirds include 2 Long-billed Dowitcher 5 American Avocet 120 peeps and 6 Wilson's Phalarope (flew in at around 1245). Also found was a Spotted Sandpiper nest with four eggs on the edge of the road.

                Steve Stump

              • stevestump
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 10

                  7/10/15 1203

                  One of the adult American Avocets have left and the three immature birds are now taking short flights around the North Pond. Other birds of interest are 12 Greater Yellowlegs, 10 Wilson's Phalarope, scores of peeps and 2 Hooded Mergansers. Also there were two Lawrence's Goldfinch in the dry area of the lagoon (West side).

                  Steve Stump