Purple Martins and Brant - Ten Mile River Bridge 8/11

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2013
      Sun, 11 August 2013 -- I stopped at the Ten Mile R. bridge and saw 4 juvenile PURPLE MARTINS being attended by 8 adults.  The juveniles hunched on the cross post of the telephone pole above the NE side of the bridge.  One of them looked like it had barely fledged and appeared to be smaller than the others.  The adults alternately flew up under the bridge and up to the telephone pole.

      On the west side of the bridge, the continuing BRANT was looking more faded and scruffier than ever.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile/Ocean Meadows Area
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California