Red Knot Near Ten Mile River Bridge 8/6

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2013
      Tue, 6 August 2013 -- There were 8 Gt Egrets easily visable as I crossed very slowly (nobody was behind me) going north over the Ten Mile R. bridge.  I parked in the parking area and saw 1 Snowy Egret and 2 Gt Blue Herons in the general area.  When I looked at the mud flats on the east side of the bridge, in flew a RED KNOT along with 2-3 Long-billed Dowitchers!
      They picked up and flew up a narrow inlet off the river (east side).  I don't remember seeing 11 members of the heron/egret family at one time at Ten Mile River.

      Karen Havlena
      Ocean Meadows/Ten Mile Area
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Calif