Lake Co: Baird's Sandpiper and Phalaropes at Borax Lake

  • Slauson, Keith M -FS
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013
      Greetings-

      I birded Borax Lake in Lake County on Monday the 5th at around noon.
      There was a total of ~25 Wilson's phalarope scattered around the lake.
      In the southeast corner there was a group of 5 phalaropes, 3 male and 1 female
      Wilson's and a single Red-necked phalarope. Also in the southeast corner of the
      lake, on the shoreline, was a group of ~20 peeps, mostly adult Least with a few
      adult Westerns, and a few killdeer. A single juvenile Baird's sandpiper foraged
      away from the water's edge on the edge of this group.

      Keith Slauson
      Humboldt County