American Avocets

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2013
      Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:57 am

      There are 4 American Avocets at the Ukiah Wastewater Plant currently in the North pond. Steve Stump
    • stevestump
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2015

        4/30/15 0710

        There are 2 American Avocets at the Ukiah WWTP. Steve Stump

      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6 10:08 AM

          The American Avocets first reported on April 30th are continuing for the 7th day today. Steve Stump

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 7 , May 7 8:35 PM

            5/7/15 Thursday 8:25pm

            In an attempt to not disturb the probable nesting of the American Avocets, the Ukiah WWTP will be blocking off the South side of the lagoon on Friday. All birders who wish to observe the Avocets and their nesting progression, please view them from the South side of the sludge lagoon. Thank you, Steve Stump

          • stevestump
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2015

              8/31/15 1545

              This afternoon on my way home (Hwy 20 to Upper Lake) I stopped by the North boat ramp of Lake Mendocino. In addition to the hundreds of ducks and geese there were also a pair of American Avocets in basic plumage. They were on the island directly south of the boat ramp. Steve Stump

            • stevestump
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 7, 2016
                4/7/16 0730

                A pair of American Avocets are present at the Ukiah WWTP. They are at last year's nesting site. Steve Stump