Osprey Nest ? / Roost

  • gunnjah
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2013
      I usually drive the 1 north on my way to Legget and points beyond, but
      today we drove Branscomb Road for a change of pace. At about 4-5 tenths of
      a mile up on the left I saw what appeared to be a possible nest on top of
      a large dead broken snag. It was not a large conglomeration of branches
      that frequently indicate a nest, but what was interesting was the two
      birds on top were quite visible and the tree is close to the road. With
      the steepness and narrowness of the grade I doubt that many vehicles stop
      to gawk at this location. Has anyone else observed this site being used by
      Osprey?

      Gunn, Caspar