Juvenile Fufus sided Towees

  • karydairy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 7:12 PM
      We have many brown and Rufus sided Towees .
      I think the new birds that Ive seen lately are their offspring, but I have been unable to locate
      pictures of youngsters that look like the ones we have here.
      They are the size of Towees.
      They are mostly blackish with some white that shows on the ends of their left and right side of their tail.
      Lynne in Redwood Valley

      also, the Junkos that have been noticeable absent the past few years,
      returned this winter but not in the numbers I saw previously.

      Watched Jays and Crows steal hummingbird babies and fly off with them.

      Much Fewer piliatted wood-peckers this year,
      Fewer red-shouldered hawks.
      Think the neighbors shot one of the pair of mallards that came every year for many years.
      Fewer House finch.
      Several unknown birds noticed, seem to be a grosbeak from the beak shape.