Willits WWTP Ibis and Grackle

  • Slauson, Keith M -FS
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2013
      Greetings-

      I birded the new ponds at the Willits WWTP on the hot afternoon of Friday the 7th.
      In the southern pond a female Great-tailed grackle was feeding two fledglings.
      On the northern pond a single White-faced ibis was roosting amongst the ducks.
      I also saw the previously reported female Hooded merganser with 2 young.

      I tried again to bird the WWTP ponds on Sunday but was turned away by one of the
      more elder workers who states that they have "shut down access to birders". Seems
      like it depends on who is working whether you will be granted access or not.

      Keith Slauson
      Humboldt County