Hardy Rock - Rhinoceros Auklets & Black Oystercatchers

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 1:35 PM
      Mon, 27 May, 2013 -- At a very, low tide this morning, 2 RHINOCEROS AUKLETs were offshore
      and viewable with my scope.  Even with a light rain, the water was glassy.

      The pair of BLACK OYSTERCATCHERs I'm watching still have 3 eggs in the nest.  One BLOY
      did its job by chasing a Common Raven away from the area.  (There was 1 egg on 2 May and
      the other 2 eggs were laid during the following 4 days). Hatching should be quite soon!

      Hardy Rock is by Hwy 1, mm 83.30, where the highway turns inland towards Leggett.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California