Baird's Sandpiper Continues.

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22 1:55 PM
      Wed May 22, 2013--Had time for a quick trip to Virgin Creek this morning. Was thinking that the heavy winds we've been having might keep the BAIRD'S SANDPIPER from moving North. I found it just north of the main beach by itself in the dry sand. There were shorebirds all over the beach. Most of them were SANDERLINGS but there were 8 DUNLINS in the mix. There was also one late SEMIPALMATED PLOVER.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River
    • Lisa Walker (Feather)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22 3:29 PM
        I was able to get photos day before yesterday, of a single Dunlin in breeding plumage and 2 Semi-Palmated Plovers on Virgin Creek Beach.
        They are in an album on the Groups page:
        Feather (Lisa)

        Visit my website at www.sunriseseaglass.com for photos, sea glass tile ideas, my book on Glass Beach and more :)