Grasshopper Sparrow

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20 8:23 AM
      19 May 2013 - Sunday - Coming back from the "chummy" pelagic trip, Ryan Keiffer and I stopped along the "Mountain House Road - Road 111", which is between Hopland and Highway 128, and found a GRASSHOPPER SPARROW that is easily viewed from the road. It flew from one side of the road and back, landing on the fences. It is about 150 feet south of milemarker 3.31. Other birds at the location includes singing Lark Sparrows, Western Kingbird, singing Western Meadowlarks, a flock of crows (unusual to be in a flock during this time of year?). Good birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>.

      [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
      Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
      4070 University Rd.
      Hopland, CA 95449