RE: [Mendobirds] Possible Blue Jay

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16 2:35 PM
      There is one old Mendocino County BLUE JAY record, credible but unconfirmed, from Laytonville. It would be great if someone can look for this possible bird. Good birding. Bob Keiffer

      Message 2 of 3 , May 19 9:55 PM
        This afternoon I managed to track down the source of the calls. It turned out to be a poorly-heard and somewhat atypical White-breasted Nuthatch. Well, mystery solved and lesson learned. I apologize for any inconvenience my report may have caused anyone.

        Ken Burton
        Willits