American Avocets

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2013
      Wed Apr 24, 2013 0730

      Two American Avocets arrived at the WWTP. The are feeding in the pond area. Steve Stump
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2013
        Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:57 am

        There are 4 American Avocets at the Ukiah Wastewater Plant currently in the North pond. Steve Stump
      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30

          4/30/15 0710

          There are 2 American Avocets at the Ukiah WWTP. Steve Stump

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6

            The American Avocets first reported on April 30th are continuing for the 7th day today. Steve Stump

          • stevestump
            Message 5 of 6 , May 7

              5/7/15 Thursday 8:25pm

              In an attempt to not disturb the probable nesting of the American Avocets, the Ukiah WWTP will be blocking off the South side of the lagoon on Friday. All birders who wish to observe the Avocets and their nesting progression, please view them from the South side of the sludge lagoon. Thank you, Steve Stump

            • stevestump
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31

                8/31/15 1545

                This afternoon on my way home (Hwy 20 to Upper Lake) I stopped by the North boat ramp of Lake Mendocino. In addition to the hundreds of ducks and geese there were also a pair of American Avocets in basic plumage. They were on the island directly south of the boat ramp. Steve Stump