Lake Cleone April 21, 2013, Lesser Yellowlegs & Short-billed Dowitcher

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 12:35 AM
      21 April 2013, 3 pm - 4:30 pm - I birded Lake Cleone @ MacKerricher SP by myself while my grandkids, wife & grandkids parents diverted my attention. At Lake Cleone there was a Lesser Yellowlegs just to the left of the picnic table out in the water. " In the parking lot" feeding out of the puddles there were 6 Short-billed Dowitchers with 9 Western Sandpipers and 4 Least Sandpipers.

      Out on the beach there were 2 Caspian Terns fishing in the surf. Beyond the surf there were Red-throated Loons on the water with at least one Pacific Loon, at least one Common Loon and flying by were Loons which I could not give my full attention due to aforementioned toddlers.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah