Re: [Mendobirds] Solitary Sandpiper Lake County

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2013
      Sat, 20 Apr 2013 -- I have not been able to look for the Solitary Sandpiper
      in Lake County since it was discovered on Tuesday, but today I was in the
      area and decided to give it a check, not expecting much, but I was surprised
      to find the SOLITARY SANDPIPER at the Scotts Valley Road ponds. It was on
      the west side of the ponds, hidden most of the time behind some cattails and
      grasses, and I only saw it briefly several times.
      These ponds are on the west side of Scotts Valley Road about 5 1/2
      miles south of Route 20.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
      but "I can see Lake County from my house."
    • Steve Stump
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
        Sun, 21 Apr 2013 I had not been successful in 3 attempts at the Solitary Sandpiper but it continued this am along with a Wilson's Snipe. I have pics to identify the bird (you can see yellow legs, yellow on bill, white eye ring etc. but they were long shots. The bird was located on the west bank just behind the power pole in the middle of the pond at approx. 0730.

        Steve Stump