Black-crowned night herons

  • jack
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2013
      Sat. April 13, 2013
      Two adult black-crowned night herons where seen and heard this evening from my home about 7:45 PM. Another was heard but not seen. They were flying west over Lake Mendocino Drive east of Eastside Calpella Road. They were probably going to the West Branch Russian River to feed. They could have come from the rookery I found last summer that was trimmed by the landowner. This is the first time I have seen or heard any since the live oak trees were trimmed. Jack Booth