Fox Sparrows/Red-breasted Nuthatches

  • birdmanofthewoods4
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 8:49 PM
      Negative report: I noticed this morning that (my) resident Fox Sparrows were totally gone. Deserted in the night. When the fox sparrows pull out it really means the end of winter to me here on the coast.

      Also: Red-breasted nuthatches have not headed north and persist. Saw one yesterday gathering nesting material and they look like they might settle in my backyard for the summer. Not surprising considering the amount of bird seed I have offered them over the winter. Why go anywhere else?