Wood Ducks on the Noyo

  • Cate
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013
      Greetings Mendobirders,

      Over the years, we have seen the occasional male wood duck in the
      estuary part of the Noyo River near our shop at Dolphin Isle. This
      winter, a female appeared when we were doing the Fort Bragg CBC. This
      spring a male joined her. We are regularly seeing them across from our
      deck and in the corner across from the old launch ramp.

      Here is a link
      <http://liquidfusionkayaking.smugmug.com/Mendocino-Coast/Birds-of-the-No\
      yo-River/i-JsFWqFx/0/L/Noyo%20Wood%20Ducks-L.jpg> to a photo we took of
      them today.

      If you are out and about, stop by. Low tide tends to be the best time
      to see them.

      Best,
      Cate and Jeff
      Liquid Fusion Kayaking <http://www.liquidfusionkayak.com>