American Bittern at Lake Cleone

  • birdmanofthewoods4
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2013
      I was eating my lunch today at Lake Cleone in MacKerricker Park and decided that not much was going on. I must have sat there a half hour eating my sandwhich until I noticed the American Bittern. Pretty exciting since I have never seen one here. I'll bet it was in the reeds and I never saw it. Good reminder to look close and inspect those reedy shores. Picture posted below: