No recent sightings of Al, Ospreys and American Goldfinches

  • jackson_us
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      March 30, 2013

      Hi All,
      There havebeen no sightings of our favorite Laysan Albatross since March 7th. Looks like that might be the day to use for when he/she left this winter.
      A female Osprey joined her mate yesterday, March 29, afternoon here in Anchor Bay. She arrived a full week after the male. They are working on rebuilding the nest, which was mostly blown down in the December storms. The male was seen bringing moss and placing it in the nest. When he left, the female picked it up and moved it to another spot. Pretty funny.
      And yesterday, March 29, I saw the first American Goldfinch of the year.
      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay