Red-breasted Nuthatches

  • birdmanofthewoods4
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28 8:36 PM
      I watched today as a couple of Red-breasted Nuthatches competed with a couple of my Chestnut-backed Chickadees for nesting rights to one of my birdhouses.The RBN's seemed quite determined to hold the box and showed a lot of interest in nesting. I'm not sure if there are nesting records here on the coast for this species (?), but it certainly would be unusual for these local environs. I'm going to put out another birdhouse tomorrow to entice them. We shall see.