Re: [Mendobirds] Northern Migration on the Coast

  • Diane Hichwa
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
      We saw long streams of Brant going by yesterdayŠ200+ at a time.
      Diane Hichwa

      Email: dhichwa@...

      Telephone: 707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
      707-483-3130 (cell)
      More Tail Wagging!!! Less Barking!!
      Millie 2007

      From: Ron LeValley <ron@...>
      Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:23:30 -0700
      To: 'birdmanofthewoods4' <birdmanofthewoods4@...>,
      <Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [Mendobirds] Northern Migration on the Coast

      Nice sightings. Those were likely Aleutian Cackling Geese migrating by. They
      are going by in good numbers now. Occasionally there will be a flock of
      Black Brant going by as well. And yes, the Pacific Loon migration is just
      starting. In about two weeks we'll get inundated with hundreds flying by
      offshore. One of the cool migration spectacles.

      Cheers,

      Ron LeValley, Little River

      From: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Mendobirds%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
        Yes, I received a nice photo of Brant passing by Gualala yesterday, March 25th. Also, Ospreys are back. The first sighting was Friday, March 22nd – it must be spring! Rick and I have a nest in our view. Most of it blew down in the December storms. An Osprey has been sitting on it and seemingly checking out the damage. I saw it again there this morning.
        Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
        We saw long streams of Brant going by yesterdayŠ200+ at a time.
        Diane Hichwa

        Email: mailto:dhichwa%40earthlink.net

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
          We saw out first Osprey of the season about two weeks ago on Caspar
          point. Sitting on a rock promentory where they like to hang out.