Tesday March 5th, Birding Mendocino

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013
      Dear Birders,

      Yesterday myself, Gene Lodes and John Oliver went birding down in Mendocino from Humboldt. We were able to see the ROCK WREN at Lake Mendocino, had our year VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS at the Ukiah WTP. There was a Prairie Falcon along Burris Lane at the end. Quite interestingly there were 33 BLACK OYSTERCATCHER at Van Damm Stae Beach, where we also saw a THAYER'S GULL adult. There were also large swarms of COMMON MURRE (1000+) and another tight group of EARED GREBES, the birds were flocking very tightly in the rough water/weather at the Mendocino Headlands.

      Yours Rob