Thrush trifecta and an Allen's Hummingbird

  • carolynkinet
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 8:55 AM
      Sat., Mar. 2, 2013 - I saw my first Selasphorus of the season on Feb. 28 at my feeder up here in Inglenook, north of Ft. Bragg. It was a male ALLEN'S HUMMINGBIRD.

      The same day in the afternoon, I was watching AMERICAN ROBINs and some of the 4 resident HERMIT THRUSHES pick the berries off of a Cotoneaster bush, when two other birds landed on my front lawn. They were a pair of VARIED THRUSH, and the male was in full splendor and posed nicely when he wasn't digging in the lawn. Beautiful birds!

      Carolyn Kinet
      Inglenook