Re: [Mendobirds] Rock Wrens - yes/ Gallinute - no

  • Steve Stump
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2013
      Bummer!

      Steve Stump

      ________________________________
      From: Robert Keiffer <rjkeiffer@...>
      To: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 5:22 PM
      Subject: [Mendobirds] Rock Wrens - yes/ Gallinute - no

      1 March 2013 - This morning Ryan Keiffer & I checked out the Coyote Dam for ROCK
      WRENS and found two between the pumping station and the south end of the dam.
      After that we went to look

      for the Common Gallinule at the lower, small Mendocino College pond (I saw one
      there about 2 weeks ago) and could only find two Am. coots. We checked the
      other two ponds, saw none, but did see an

      early GREEN HERON. We went back to the lower small pond just to make sure that
      we did not miss something, and unfortunately found a pile of Common Gallinule
      feathers near the east bank ... it looks like it was taken by a hawk, probably a
      red-shouldered, as the feathers were picked off but the carcass was absent.
      Good Birding! Bob Keiffer