Red-breasted Nuthatches and CA Gulls Re: [Mendobirds] Osprey, Brant, and more Selasphorus

  • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2013
      Thursday, Feb. 28th 2013
      Red-breasted Nuthatches still here in Anchor Bay in great numbers. Love their honking calls. Also of note is the northward migration of California Gulls. According to Rich Kuehn it began last Friday, Feb. 22nd. We saw them on Sunday the 24th and again on Monday the 25th. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, are riding the air currents just over the bluffs. They are quite lovely to see, seeming to accompany us as we drove along Highway One.
      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay