Barrow's Goldeneye

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
      There is a Barrow's Goldeneye along with a Common Goldeneye here at the UWWTP. Also a Say's Phoebe, 3 Greater White Fronted Geese and a Greater Yellowlegs and 3 Lesser Scaup. Steve
    • ally_rofe
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
        Seth and I went to the WWTP this morning and found the female BARROW'S GOLDENEYE (life bird for us both!) along with 2 female COMMON GOLDENEYE in the southernmost pond.
        There were also 15 CINNAMON TEAL.
        When we signed in they informed us it was to be our last visit. Apparently too many people are coming to look at the birds.
        We posted a couple pictures on our eBird list. The darker head, and steeper forehead was apparent when compared alongside the COGO's. We also observed many (5 or more) VIOLET GREEN SWALLOW'S flying around with dozens of TREE SWALLOWS.

        For those of you interested in seeing the Barrow's get over there soon.

        Good Birding,
        Allison