Short-eared Owl/Lake Co.

  • Dave Woodward <dlwoodward@mchsi.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2003
      Hello Mendobirders,
      Before 10am this morning I had great looks at a Short-eared Owl in
      Anderson Marsh St. Park near Lower Lake. I first observed the bird
      in flight about .4 mi W of the ranch house under overcast
      conditions, however it is possible that my hike flushed the bird
      into the air from the tall grass in Anderson Flat and I missed
      seeing it fly off of the ground. It briefly landed within binocular
      range before flying again to the NW where it landed in what appeared
      to be taller grass and teasel still in Anderson Flat, but about a
      half mile away.
      Dave Woodward