Common Gallinule, Mew Gull, Tricolored BB

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      17-18 February 2013 - I had been remiss in joining Mendobirds from my home email
      ... which I have done now. So you should see more future posts from my home
      address. Yesterday I had an adult, complete with bill turning red, Common
      Gallinule on the 2nd pond to the south at the Mendocino College. There was
      nothing on the upper, most northern, barren-edged pond. I walked the Lake
      Mendocino dam and could not find a Rock Sandpiper. At Lake Mendocino , south
      boat ramp/parking lot, there were numerous gulls, mostly California Gulls.
      However there were about 5 Ring-billed Gulls (of note: which are difficult to
      find on the coast of Mendocino County) and a Mew Gull. Today, Ryan Keiffer &
      I had at least 2 Tricolored Blackbirds at winery ponds west of Rack & Riddle
      Winery in Hopland. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@... or
      rjkeiffer@...