Second Allen's Hummingbird

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      16 February 2013 (Saturday) another male Allen's Hummingbird
      (orange-rumped variety) showed up in our yard. (The one I reported on
      Tuesday apparently did not stay long, as I never saw it again that day
      and did not find any orange hummers until Saturday.) This bird is
      using lookout perches and defending territory, as if it intends to stay
      a while. It has moved around within the yard, but I am pretty sure it's
      the same bird today as yesterday.

      Still no Rufous.

      Cheers,
      Tim Bray