RE: [Mendobirds] Hutton's Vireo?

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
      This is a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. They are very similar to the Hutton's Vireo
      but they have very slender bills and pale feet. The black around the wing
      bars is different too, but that is not always visible, as in this photo.

      Cheers, Ron

      Ron LeValley

      Little River CA

      .

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
        Thanks, Ron,

        Mister Storey has already set me straight. LOL... I feel like an idiot, as I have photographed a lot of kinglets and should have recognized it. I guess I was distracted by the visitors I had this week.... :o)

        Lisa

        This is a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. They are very similar to the Hutton’s Vireo but they have very slender bills and pale feet. The black around the wing bars is different too, but that is not always visible, as in this photo.  Cheers, Ron  Ron LeValleyLittle River CA.  From: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lisa Walker (Feather)
        Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:00 PM
        To: mendobirds@yahoogroups.com