Hutton's Vireo?

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
      Hi all....

      I've had a really busy week, but on February 11th I was at Glass Beach with some friends when I managed to capture two photos of what I now believe is a Hutton's Vireo. Here is the link to the photos:

      Please tell me if I am wrong, or if this is, instead, an Empidonax flycatcher?

    • Ron LeValley
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
        This is a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. They are very similar to the Hutton's Vireo
        but they have very slender bills and pale feet. The black around the wing
        bars is different too, but that is not always visible, as in this photo.

        Cheers, Ron

        Ron LeValley

        Little River CA

        .

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
          Thanks, Ron,

          Mister Storey has already set me straight. LOL... I feel like an idiot, as I have photographed a lot of kinglets and should have recognized it. I guess I was distracted by the visitors I had this week.... :o)

          Lisa

          This is a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. They are very similar to the Hutton’s Vireo but they have very slender bills and pale feet. The black around the wing bars is different too, but that is not always visible, as in this photo.  Cheers, Ron  Ron LeValleyLittle River CA.  From: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lisa Walker (Feather)
          Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:00 PM
          To: mendobirds@yahoogroups.com