Tricolored Blackbird

  • birdmanofthewoods4
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2013
      TRICOLORED BLACKBIRD persisting at a bird feeder 4 miles up Little River Airport road. Single male only. Look for it in your area.
    • Robert Keiffer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23 8:55 AM

        21 March 2015 - Saturday – One lone male TRICOLORED BLACKBIRD with a mixed flock of blackbirds in the fabulous garden/yard of Ben & Kate Frey’s at Hopland … near the closed elementary school.    The fact that the bird was vocalizing is what drew my attention to it.    I suspect that Hopland may get another breeding colony this year if we are lucky.   In the past there have been small colonies on two different privately-owned ponds.

        Good Birding.  Bob Keiffer   Hopland   rjkeiffer@...    rjkeiffer@...