Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , Feb 8, 2013
      This morning at around 10:30 AM I found an adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL at Redbud Park in Clearlake. The bird did a pretty good job of hiding amongst the estimated 1000 gulls that were on the floats, the piers, and in the water. There was at least one adult Western Gull and several Thayer's Gulls with the flock. Oddly there were no Glaucous-winged Gulls here or on the Walmart Roof (another 800 bird estimated). Also oddly there were no gulls at all at the Clearlake Landfill.
      Later, in High Valley, I found (as predicted by Frances Oliver) a male EURASIAN WIGEON with the American Wigeon flock. In addition there was a flyover Golden Eagle, but I did not find the shrike. Jerry White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745

         Steve Stump