Re: [Mendobirds] Re:Al the Albatross

  • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
      Hi Butch,
      I have queried Mel Smith who lives close by the Pier and he says Al hasn’t been around lately. The surf has been rough so perhaps he/she’s been hiding out in a secret cove. Hope the Albatross shows up soon. I will let you know if I receive a sighting.
      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016

        Has there been any sightings of Al?

      • Mark Eaton
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016
          Al hasn’t been seen since 2013, apparently.

          Mark

          On Dec 24, 2016, at 11:26, Dave Cathy Ortiz davecathyortiz@... [Mendobirds] <Mendobirds-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Has there been any sightings of Al?

        • Robert Keiffer
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016
            That is true .... Albatross are quite long-lived (60+ years) ...so we fear that something fatal happened to "Al" after 20 years of routine winter visits to Point Arena cove.