Re:Al the Albatross

  • Butch Carter
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hello Mendobirds

       I am planning to be in Pt. Arena over the President's Day week-end and looking for sighting's of the Albatross, the latest sighting I have found was on Jan. 17th on E-bird.  Any help???

          Thank You
          Butch Carter
          Santa Ysabel, California

    • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
        Hi Butch,
        I have queried Mel Smith who lives close by the Pier and he says Al hasn’t been around lately. The surf has been rough so perhaps he/she’s been hiding out in a secret cove. Hope the Albatross shows up soon. I will let you know if I receive a sighting.
        Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
        I am planning to be in Pt. Arena over the President's Day week-end and looking for sighting's of the Albatross, the latest sighting I have found was on Jan. 17th on E-bird. Any help???

        Thank You
        Butch Carter
        Santa Ysabel, California

      • Dave Cathy Ortiz
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016

          Has there been any sightings of Al?

        • Mark Eaton
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016
            Al hasn’t been seen since 2013, apparently.

            Mark

            On Dec 24, 2016, at 11:26, Dave Cathy Ortiz davecathyortiz@... [Mendobirds] <Mendobirds-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Has there been any sightings of Al?

          • Robert Keiffer
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 24, 2016
              That is true .... Albatross are quite long-lived (60+ years) ...so we fear that something fatal happened to "Al" after 20 years of routine winter visits to Point Arena cove.