Burrowing Owl and American Crow

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013
      Hi all,

      I went to Ward Avenue today: located the Burrowing Owl and got a few shots of it in the iceplant on the east side of the Haul Road, across from the driftwood piles as previously described.

      On my way out, an American Crow was perched on a wire above Ward Avenue close to the highway... hanging out with the Common Ravens..... I was unable to get a shot of that bird; my car is not a good mobile blind as it's too brightly colored.... but I got a good view of the crow and a raven nearby; it's definitely an American Crow :)

      Lisa (Feather) Happy BIRDING, ALL! :)

      PS. I will post pics of the Burrowing Owl to the site shortly.

    • Lisa Walker (Feather)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2013
        south..... about 1/4 mile.... there's a depression on the east side between the Haul Road and Ward Avenue that creates a natural wind block and the owl is resting about half way between the Haul Road and Ward Avenue on that side. At other times it is seen directly across the road and down the steep embankment, where the driftwood has collected.

        Lisa is the burrowing owl north or south of the Ward Ave parking area?
        Susan

        On 1/26/13, Lisa Walker (Feather) <feather7023@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I went to Ward Avenue today: located the Burrowing Owl and got a few shots
        > of it in the iceplant on the east side of the Haul Road, across from the
        > driftwood piles as previously described.
        >
        > On my way out, an American Crow was perched on a wire above Ward Avenue
        > close to the highway... hanging out with the Common Ravens..... I was unable
        > to get a shot of that bird; my car is not a good mobile blind as it's too
        > brightly colored.... but I got a good view of the crow and a raven nearby;
        > it's definitely an American Crow :)
        >
        > Lisa (Feather) Happy BIRDING, ALL! :)
        >
        > PS. I will post pics of the Burrowing Owl to the site shortly.

        Sent from my mobile device