Short-eared Owl* at Haul Road and Virgin Creek

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      Magnificent view of a Short-eared owl hunting over the open ground west of Haul Road on January 21 at 4:30 pm. Based on its daylight hunting behavior, I am quite skeptical of it being a Long-eared. Please post/respond if anyone has seen this bird in that area as I would like to be 100% confident in its I.D. From afar, I assumed it was a harrier. Beautiful bird.

      Steve Sandberg