Ferruginous Hawks in Hopland

  • larosaco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2013
      What looked like the white head of a Bald eagle soared down into the crown of an oak tree, we stopped to look and saw the reddish brown back and white head of a mature FERRUGINOUS HAWK... Birding with the family today, we observed 2 FEHA perched on the ground, in trees, and flying around. One eventually perched on a utility pole and then in the top of an oak tree. The other headed over to another utility pole by the back of the Fetzer vineyard. Good looks by all and some blurry photos too. Heres the lat and lon of where we stopped the car as provided by Google Maps 38.98163,-123.087387. Heres a link to the pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/sethsells/FEHAJan212013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCI2IoNDKzoiCDw&feat=directlink
      Life Bird for all of us!
      -Seth LaRosa