American Bittern

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2013
      I have a few pics of an American Bittern found at the Ukiah WWTP on Dec. 29th 2012. Unfortunately it was a cheap camera on my phone. Steve

    • stevestump
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2013
         11/03/13 0800

        Hello Mendobirders,

        This morning my family and I stopped by Lake Cleone and spooked up an American Bittern in the parking lot by the picnic table(most likely the same one as yesterday). I accidentally recorded this on ebird as being at the Ukiah WWTP. Sorry, it was Lake Cleone. The Eurasian Wigeon was also there again today. Steve Stump
      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 16, 2015
          10/16/15 1120

          There is an American Bittern at the Ukiah WWTP. Last seen on the South edge of the South pond. Lots of frogs and mosquito fish in the ponds right now. Steve Stump
        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2015
            11/5/15 1030

            There is an American Bittern at the Ukiah WWTP. It is in the grass at the NE corner of the North pond alongside an immature Black-crowned Night Heron. Steve Stump
          • stevestump
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2015

              11-11-15 0930

              The American Bittern continues at the Ukiah WWTP. The bird was seen by Ryan Keiffer and I at the NE corner of the North pond at waters edge. Steve Stump

            • stevestump
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2015

                12/6/15 0900

                The American Bittern continues at the NE corner of the North pond of the Ukiah WWTP. Also, there is a Ferruginous Hawk that has been in the field to the South for several days. Sorry if this is a repeat, I seem to always have trouble with "Reply" on messages. Steve Stump