Marbled Godwit and Rock Sandpipers at Virgin Creek

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2013
      Fri Jan 11, 2013--During a Winter SOS Survey today I had two firsts. There was a MARBLED GODWIT (a first for winter) on the main beach with the Black-bellied Plover flock. Also in the Black-bellied Plover flock there were two ROCK SANDPIPERS. This was the first time I have ever seen them off the rocks and on the sand. A 7.5 high tide
      might explain it.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River

      Note: This was posted on the SOS site yesterday. It was suggested that it be posted here because not many people follow the SOS Site.